For the first time I arranged the band parts for the musical play ”Silkkikivi” by the Paimio Summer Theater (composed by Petri Laaksonen) in 2000. After that, the time lasted until 2011, when I arranged a versatile assortment of musical music gems for the 10th anniversary concert of the Somerniemi Musical Theater for a nine-member celebratory orchestra. Since I have improvised a lot as a summer theater violinst and I know that a "fiddler style" fits many instruments in certain music styles, I use discretion whether to write exact notation or just indicative instructions (i.e. drum parts, "fiddler style" violin and accordion). When necessary, I always write exact notations.
In 2015 I arranged the music for the play ”Onnen maa” by the Somerniemi Musical Theater. The music consisted mainly of finnish tangos. For the first time I got to arrange choral parts properly. In 2016 I arranged the musical play ”Teuvo ja paperitaivas” based on the music of the finnish rock band Leevi & the Leavings. Although the music style of "Leevis" is pretty homogenic, I got results like Kyllikki as a slow ballad, Elämän meno as a reggae and Pohjois-Karjala as a rock spectacle a 'la Muse.
In 2018 I arranged about half of the music for the novelty play ”Sommerå” by the Somerniemi Musical Theater (finnish pop songs of all kinds) and I composed my first theatrical song "Tää on R-Y-Ö-S-T-Ö" ("This is a R-O-B-B-E-R-Y"). In 2019 I was responsible for arranging the music of the novelty play ”Yhtä sirkusta” ("One Circus") (songs by me, Kilpeläinen and Lindholm) and I composed about half of the music of that play (see Composer).
LISTENABLE ARRANGEMENT SAMPLES:
SHEET MUSIC SAMPLES:
My arrangements 2000-2020:
- Musical play Silkkikivi ("The Silk Stone", composed by Petri Laaksonen) for a six-member orchestra (2000)
- Music for the 10th anniversary concert of the Somerniemi Musical Theater (wide selection of musical tunes, i.e. The Sound of Music, The Fiddler on the Roof and Gypsies Are Found Near Heaven) for soloists, choir and a nine-member orchestra (2011)
- Musical play Onnen maa ("The Land of Happiness", finnish evergreen tangos composed by Unto Mononen and others) for soloists, choir and a five-member orchestra (2015)
- Musical play Teuvo ja paperitaivas ("Teuvo and the Paper Heaven", music by Leevi & the Leavings, composed by Gösta Sundqvist) for soloists, choir and a four-member orchestra (2016)
- SomeroLOVE vol. 2 concert by the Somerniemi Musical Theater (composed by Toni Wirtanen, Ellinoora Leikas, Charles Aznavour and many others) for soloists, choir and a five-member orchestra (2018)
- Musical play Sommerå (part of the arrangements, composed by Juha Tapio, Larry Kolber, Antti Kataja and others) for a six-member orchestra (2018)
- The Christmas party cabaret Kullan kaipuu ("Gold Longing") by the Somerniemi Musical Theater: jazzy background tape arrangements of the songs Meksikon pikajuna, Kaunis Marjaana, Ei suomalaiset tanssi, Kohtalokas samba, Hyvä paha ruma mies and Miehistä viis (2018)
- Musical play Yhtä sirkusta ("One Circus") (most of the arrangements, composed by Roope Kivimaa, Niina Alitalo, Nestori Kyyrä, Silja Salminen, Tuure Kilpeläinen, Olli Lindholm) for soloists, choir and a six-member orchestra) (2019)